Sunday, May 17, 2009

recipe

Mom and I normally spend time together in the kitchen. We pretend to be Iron Chefs. It is a good time for us to talk about issues and decisions that made her who she is today and what I will become in the future. Talk things over cup of coffee (oh yeah we are coffee addicts) while we also prepare a sumptuous dinner. I have always been interested in cooking and from whom should I get the best tips - yeah from my mom and she makes wonders!

It was many years in the past that both of us didn't agree a lot. I was younger back then and my ideas were far-fetched from reality. I think misunderstanding within family relationship is normal.

I am glad that things are okay now between us. I have learned to appreciate the things that she do. And she is becoming to be more comfortable with the decisions I made. I have proved myself to be trust worthy.

I will surely miss these bonding moments. Happy Mother's Day! I know I'm a week late.. hahah

For tonight my recipe is:

Gambas (courtesy of PinoyRecipe.NET)

Gambas Recipe Ingredients:

  • 1 kg (2lb) medium prawns, peeled (heads, tails and shells discarded)
  • Juices of 3-4 calamansi
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • Cloves of 1 hole head of garlic, peeled and crushed
  • Dash Tabasco (or other hot pepper sauce)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Parsley, to garnish (optional)
  • Sliced green chili, to garnish (optional)
Gambas Recipe Cooking Instructions:
  • Marinate peeled prawns in calamansi juice for about 30 mins.

  • Heat oil in a frying pan or wok and sauté garlic until almost brown.

  • Add prawns and stir fry until fully cooked, about 2 to 3 mins. Do not overcook.

  • Season with hot pepper sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer prawns to a serving dish together with the garlic. If desired, garnish with parsley and chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment