Wednesday, June 8, 2011

100 days

100 days of solitude. I like the title though I have not read the book. Just the sound of it seems interesting. I promise to find time to read that book, I will. I'm not sure what I will be writing will be related to that story. I just want to write it. Again, i like the title.

Gas soars as high as $4 per gallon. Driving is not an option for me. Well, I don’t have my car. My car is with my brother. Mom always says the older kid should always gives way. I didn't buy it anyway. I didn’t come from my pocket. It was just a gift from my sister for a job well done. I guess my mom has installed that philosophy to my sister as well. Good grief!

Taxi had been my option. But seems like all the hard-work earn goes to taxi fare. We wouldn’t be working just for the taxi ride would we?

So I'm left with this option - riding Jeepney. I know it’s not cool. Yet, it’s fun perhaps because its been a while and it has been days still. It’s a longer route for me from home to work which makes me think a lot. Looking at the people, staring at their faces tells different stories, some happy some sad, some are in love and some are lonely. So which face do I have?

Looking at them made me feel that I'm just alright. And what I am going through will be temporary. I will make sure it is temporary.

Our clique has this pact, "We may be poor but we have a lifestyle to keep". Now I'm not sure how long I can keep that pact. Totally high-school-ish, I know. Thinking about it, makes me smile. Wow peer pressure, I thought I can only find it through my reading. This lifestyle is killing me. The confession a certified social climber.

Or perhaps it’s only in my mind. There’s nothing wrong with riding a jeepney, yes it’s a status symbol. But hey, the situation now calls for it. It’s hard to admit but I’m taking this bold step at least for 100 days.

To my fellow “kat-kat” I say goodbye for now. Like a worm waiting to become a butterfly. Wish I’m a kid again.. troubles of being an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment