Sunday, August 23, 2009

my dream

my friends are living my dreams... Its mine I should be the star... But that's not what's happening. so i ought to find the path of my own... So what do i really like other than shopping and coffee...

I do love to travel. Seeing new places. Appreciate culture. know the history. and of course take pictures. and I mean lots of pictures. experience good food the place can offer... so I dreamed of becoming a flight attendant. unfortunately am 3 inches short than the height requirement. and I don't think a bottle of cherifer a day will help. so I give up on the thought anyhow I can travel in any other way.

when I was a kid I had always wanted to become a scientist. Science and mathematics had always been my favorite subjects. I don't like language subjects like English and Filipino. that's explains the grammar so no further questions please.. I cant live without spell checks too. So I thought of becoming a research assistant. continue my studies abroad at the same time travel. Perhaps I didn't plan my life well after graduation. because that was five years ago already and scholarship programs are out of my reach. well a good friend of mine back in college made it.. He is based in Amsterdam now. I think he has proven a theory or something like that. He has travelled Europe and the Americas. oh well my only consolation is he invited me to come to Europe. hope he'll ask me to be his research assistant. come to think of it I beat him back in college.

I know love stories are not tailored to perfection. but my best friends seems t be happy with his boyfriend. they been together for almost 4 years now. through thick an thin. now how come I can't have that kind of relationship?! it would be a better picture to be with someone when you travel right? Other than my friends, no one can tolerate me.. so I have accepted that.

life has many ways.. if you choose the wrong path then go to the other.. no reason to stop. don't blame. every experience is a lesson learned. makes us wiser. to be happy is to be content. But never run out of goals. it serves as true north. it gives direction.

so never give up. make things happen. although there are some who are lucky their path are being laid for them. but for some of us.. we have to double our efforts. too bad we can't have them all...

5 comments:

  1. what a timely post. currently, im asking the same god damn question. why do my friends, of all people have to live my dreams... nice entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so never give up. make things happen. although there are some who are lucky their path are being laid for them. but for some of us.. we have to double our efforts. too bad we can't have them all...

    i like this part maybe because it's the truth. haha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if this makes any sense, but i guess, choosing to be happy with someone, involves a lot of sacrifices. It takes a lot. I always admire couples who remain strong for years, because, I think a relationship is a hefty of work. It's not a mix and match until you stumble with the right piece. It's a mix and match until you fit with that someone you chose to be with forever.

    Dreams? I don't know. I think I gave up on them already. What I want now... to be rich, why? I don't know even, it's what I think is what I want right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grass is always greener on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like your post... so interesting.. can relate to some parts... i'm single since birth (yeah, it also means still a virgin haha), i can say i'm proud of it and i'm happy right now.. i told myself i will wait for that someone who will love me for what and who i am.. dunno if it will still happen but if it doesn't then maybe i'll stay happy being single forever hehehe.. not having everything but inspired because i know i have all the reasons to keep on dreaming and eventually achieving those dreams one day.. joy_dens@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete