Tuesday, January 18, 2011

his Confession

"I already have my round trip tickets" I announced to my college buddies. This May we'll be going to Cagayan for a wedding. I booked it as early as now to get a cheaper seat of course. One of my college buddies decided to commit suicide and tie the knot to his long time girlfriend. I think they have been together since college and that was like eons ago... I'm a little excited because I've never been to Cagayan. I want to try the white water rafting that they are sooo proud of. I heard their food too are great.

Another couple is supposed to get married this year. Unfortunately they were not able to level up their love to the next level, they broke up three years ago. I received a text message from the girl, she said "we're done! it's not happening". They were one of the sweetest couples back in college. sitting at the back portion of the cafeteria. duo study in the library. they were the "it" couple. Who would have thought, while scanning our yearbook, they'd break up. They were inseparable.

You see both of them were my friends. its difficult being caught in the crossfire. I kept an open mind on the situation on both parties. I could never be bias to anyone.

Just the other day, after three long years, the guy showed up to us. Quite long enough time already to settle all the sediments that caused the pain of being broken hearted and all. The guy is actually always here for Sinulog, its just this year that he decided to show up. it was not that awkward really, it was just like before, only they were on the opposite side of the table.  They have moved on.

after the dinner, the girl with the new boyfriend went home.  while the rest of the boys went for a drink.  In Vino Veritas.  Truly, the guy started to open up what happened.  I didn't ask really.  It would be rude of me, you see I'm not nosy.  I admire him sharing it to me.  Yes he recognized that girl and I were more close. (we've been classmates since from first year to fifth year). but he continued his story anyway...

you see,  both their families have accepted each other already.  according to the boy, the girl is all he is looking for as his wife. but no matter how he tried,  he "couldn't bring his love to the next level". he said he didn't fall out of love... he just couldn't intensify his love... he didn't want to cheat.  he was just being honest..blah.. blah.. blah..  in the middle of his sentence I was lost... hearing the first line brought me to a different space in time... I recalled, it was the same reason Mr Big said to me.. now i understood him, actually both of them...and his reasoning. either Mr Big did not explain it well to me, or I refused to listen.. but now i get it..  its just sad. not all love story has happy ending...  in an intstant everything can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment