Monday, May 31, 2010

I'm wishing....

never teach your children with fairy tales. Either they will be trap within their dreams or they end up miserable trying to reach their dreams. Life is a jungle. its a wilderness. you'll never know when you get hurt. that's real life... work hard to survive. not wait until a magical fairy appears and makes your dream come true... it's not the happily ever after in every end of a fairy tale book. no one has escape from it alive.

what if Aurora's prince did not arrive. She would still be in coma right now. Ariel would have been in a freak show together with Beast or with the seven dwarfs or end up like a can of tuna. Cinderella didn't need a prince charming to rescue her from misery... she can always stood up and slap those evil bitches sisters.

I mean lets get real, as adults we know life is not a magical world.. unless you won the lottery but then you'll die the next day... you were shot or a family member kills you because he wants the money... thanks Alanis.. that's ironic indeed...

life is difficult. especially if you end up waiting for nothing. and why am I ranting about this... because like Rapunzel... my parents locked me in a tower guarded with beasts... its a nice view up here... but when you are alone and no one to share it with... its as boring as gray.

I myself has been trap in the illusion that someday... someone magical will appear and changes everything... someday my hair will grow... or a magic carpet appears through my window. or a magical pumpkin turn into a coach to help me with my escape.

i have wished on all falling star... tossed coins to all wishing wells... I couldn't just kiss all toads to be the handsome prince.... or rub that lamp for my three wishes. Shrek is lucky.. he's ugly.. he stinks... he is green and he takes mud bath... but he is not scared to fall in love... again... Thumbelina was rewarded with wings at the end.
........................................
sigh. this is me just getting old. i've been naughty and was taken out of santa's list. I love fairy tales.. it teaches hope... and it teaches love... life is magical. I pity those people who are bitter with their lives... But I know where its coming from... a bad childhood. Can't blame them.

So moral of the story is?

2 comments:

  1. uhmm.. moral of the story is: too many boys too little time?

    i think its your turn to get bitch slapped back to reality. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moral of the story is this: I will not let my future daughter watch Disney.

    Kidding aside, I love this post. It is profound and while in the beginning it sounded like senseless ranting, it didn't fail to deliver an important lesson.

    ReplyDelete