Wednesday, September 22, 2010

You are missed...

A few years ago, actually three years ago to be exact, my officemates and I went for a movie, one afternoon.. well after work. It had always been like that when I was with my previous project. After we log out from the Avaya.. off we go to the malls for lunch or a movie... you see, we bonded.


I can't remember what movie was that.. maybe I was too occupied. My phone rang... shoot I forgot to put it on a silent mode.. I cancelled the call and sent her a message that I was in the movie house. I bet she would understand.. I ended my message with "I'll call you later"...


It rang again... from another high school buddy, Brian. I pressed cancel again. "call you back, I'm watching a movie"


Then, I received a text message from Bodie, a high school friend too. i thought great... what were these guys up to?


I read the message, "Ruvy is dead, heart attack"


I replied, "Bad joke! I'm in a movie house now, deal with you later. Ruvy rang me earlier"


It has been three years since Ruvy passed away. She once said to us on one of our dinners, which rarely happens, because either one friend is not in town, busy at work, or simply does not want to go out and some other excuses... "that the only time we see each other is when someone got married or someone dies."


Before she died she had tried to contact us for a dinner. But we were all too busy... Surely this date three years ago, her wish was granted. we, the high school elite, all met but she was there lying in front of us...


We surely learned a lesson there.. to all other circle of friends.. it's never too late to dial that phone and check with old friends on how they are doing and to those people who will receive the call, think twice before you cancel it, it maybe the last..

By the way, the one who called me was the sister using Ruvy's number to inform me...

Right now, its given that we are still busy with our personal lives, work and all that... well, thanks to technology, the most that we can do as of the moment is a conference call.. thanks bri for the initiative.

1 comment: