Saturday, December 26, 2009

Joyeux Noel

It's 4:00 AM, Dec 26, 2009. I woke up and realized I spent Christmas sleeping as in the whole day. As if that's something new. I spent Christmas eve in the office, while preparing food for my team and for the account, i can see colorful fireworks display from the window at a distant. It was a sign the midnight is just a few minutes away. i think Christmas are for kids only.

We dont celebrate Christmas at home anymore. its happened when most of us were grownups. So, it really doesn't matter if I'm in the office or I am at home. Although the good thing about in the office is I could spend it with my team. Most of them, it was their 1st Christmas away from their family. Two of my sisters left to Canada, our eldest got married and have his own house away from home. our youngest getting married next year decided to spend Christmas at his fiancee's home. So that would just be me and my mom because my father decided to visit our eldest (celebrating Christmas for his kids). How lonely could that get?! so i told my mom that I'l be working and she could visit our eldest too together with my father. It was only our house not lit for the event.

if Christmas is for kids then why am i feeling lonely. I shouldn't be feeling this way, right? I greeted my mom and dad. then bade goodbye. The moment I stepped in to the cab. the cab driver greeted me Merry Christmas with Christmas Carols in the radio... light-isplays playing lively as we passed by in every house. makes me sob. this is the kid inside me.

Really i have reasons to celebrate for the good things that happened this year... good health. friends, and enemies that made me stronger.

but something is missing... this season shall pass... and I will be alright just like last year!

2 comments:

  1. aw.

    i'll make sure to tell max to greet you a meery christmas.

    that ought to cheer you up! :D

    oh. merry christmas na rin! lolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. @EW

    Tigilan mo na nga si Max... Merry Christmas to you too!

    which reminds me... Max asan na ang ube hopia na eng bee tin?

    pwede bang Krispy Kremes? hehehehe


    ikaw na lang kaya magpadala EW? heheheh how much would that cost me? 1 box, 1 dozen.

    ReplyDelete