Saturday, March 20, 2010

Dear Diary

The weather was nice today. A little rain and the sun is out. I don't fancy the sun, it just drain me till I'm dry. Ironically, our visitors from the States prayed for the sun to get their tan. How funny can it be, i tried to stay in the shade to keep my hue while they tried to find some rays to get some color!

So we went island hopping. I deserve some time out since office has been crazy. Crazier since I started with this new project. salty water gets into my locks (does that sound fun?) the water was a little rough in fact one of the officers got sick. While they enjoyed the view, the water and breeze, I was assigned in the kitchen. I love to cook... my favorite was shrimp kebabs. shrimp marinated in lemon and orange, sprinkled with chopped parsley, dash with salt and pepper, garlic and oregano to flavor. it had onions, bell pepper and zucchini. It was colorful. brushed with butter when it was ready to be served! there, I love doing that!

I like it the most when you see people react positively after the first bite. I know it was delicious! you can see in their faces that there's something about it that they haven't tasted... similar feeling when one gets an orgasm! When I was younger, I wanted really to be cook just like my mom. Well, influenced by Philippineism about graduating with a degree, very old school, my mom, so I took Engineering instead. Now, i just don't see myself working under the heat of the sun with my hard hat bringing rolls of blue prints and smells like I have not taken a bath for a week, sweat and dust and mud on your shoes. that's not me.

then suddenly I felt gloomy just like the weather. I missed someone that I used to cook for. Cooking seems meaningless when you have no one to share it to. The secret ingredient to sumptuous cooking is the love that you share to the person you cook for.

on our way home, i recalled lady gaga's bad romance. Screw him like the kebabs! I love lady gaga! its the new national anthem now!

Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah!
Roma-Roma-ma-ah!
Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!

sing with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment