Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Running

I was a good runner. When I was a kid I won first place for the 100 meter dash in our school. Boy, I was fast as Flash. Although, I was really a fan of Spiderman. I kind of forgot my speed, you know, in m/s.

Recently, the head of our Frisbee team invited me to join them. One time he saw how fast I run during one of our team buildings. I remembered we were playing "Japanese games" that night, I was intoxicated but I beat their asses. They were surprised because I'm not that athletic. I don’t have a body of a god, besides I smoke. It was a wonder where I got my endurance.

I even bought a running shoe from Nike. It cost me a fortune but its okay I love shoes. Anyhow, not that I use it for the same old drill. It is just my treadmill shoe.

Anyhow this post is not about how fast I run but how good I am at running.

One time when I was a kid I was told not to play with the match box. I was so fixated with the flame you know how it glows and all. I was playing with fire and I mean that literally. I threw a lighted stick to a can filled with paper. It burst into flame which was beyond my control. Scared as a cat I took off thinking my mom wouldn't find me. I hate belts that time, you know what I mean. According to my sister she put it off. Thank god our house was not on fire. But I was not able to escape the beating. haha

Two years ago when my relationship finally ended, I remembered I walked out from the bar. I was about to burst. I run away the farthest my car could take me. The following weekend I bought a ticket to Bohol. I just couldn't stay in Cebu. I also went to Dumaguete the week after all by myself. I took a bus down south. I was happier being alone than to party in Cebu City and was reminded of all the places my ex and I went. It didn't stop there I took another bus going to north this time. The goal was not to stay in the city so I kept running.

Somehow running eases tension in my mind. It helps me to be calm so that eventually I can think. When something is bothering me I just grab my running shoes and hit the slope. (I'm from the hills, haha) It releases negative energy. While I’m running, I feel free.

Dear Bestie,

Sorry if I have to leave you. I will miss you too. I know that running from my problems is not a solution. I would like to let you know that I'm not running away this time. I know I'm crazy and unpredictable. I'm done holding on and it’s beyond fixing already. So I'm letting go. Anyhow, it’s never too late to start over. Take care of your boyfriend. I will take care of my life.

PS
I'm not giving you my running shoe. haha

4 comments:

  1. My boss always advised me to run as a form of exercising my body and relaxing my mind. I never believed him. Reading this, well, it might work for me.

    Don't run from it if it's worth it. But know when to walk away from a situation that you would not benefit from, learn to cut your losses and fight only for the things that make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kiss the situation goodbye! go where your heart will take you and see you when you get there.

    im pretty sure bestie will understand.

    but, why is that the power rangers are kind of depressed lately?? hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Demigoddess

    yeah you should try running. its good exercise... it has worked for me...

    and thanks for the notes there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @eye_spy

    my mind is fixed. got scared when you said baka ma pre-empt... shock i wanna leave sooner... I will make it happen... whatever it takes..

    ReplyDelete