Friday, March 13, 2009

The Awakening

I am 28 years old. Today. Two years have passed since THEY clipped my wings.

I know I would be damned! I saw it coming. I reckoned that night. I hurriedly walked out from the bar. I was about to burst. My hands were shaking. I headed to my car. Maximized the volume of my stereo. Turned off my phone. PAUSED

B, broke up with me on my Birthday! There are 365 days in the year and for the love of god, B, opted to say "I dont love you" on my birthday. Seriously, I think B must have truly meant it, to say it on my birthday. B, didn't really care. Who has heard of that? I tell you, it was never easy. I realized Cebu is a very small city to hide. So, every weekend, I roamed to the neighboring cities or flew to the neighboring islands. Every place reminded me of B.

I stopped my Masters program. I couldnt get myself to focus. Retail therapy somewhat helped until I max-out both my VISA and Master card. I gained 30lbs. I lost some friends. Alcohol had become my bestfriend. I slept around just to feel wanted. Worse, i got hooked with people who were into illegal substances. It was dark. It was cold. I was really lost.

But even in the darkest part of the world, you can see the faintest light. I was able get a grip and pulled myself out. I realized it was hell, and now am back for good and there is no way I'm going back there!

Thank you to some people who have stayed and have loved me for who I am. I thank my friends for understanding, for caring and for being patient. I am keeping my promise that I will be good.

And thanks to Max (Maxwell5587.blogspot.com) for posting "The Trip". It somewhat triggered the switch in me to write again... sounds cheesy but nahh...

2 comments:

  1. aww.. max! so he's like your epiphany and beacon of light to write again. sweet!

    it pays a lot to be good clippedwings13. in time you will find that one person who will make you fall again and this time he will be there to catch you when that happens.

    forget about this B whoever he is. obviously he is a jerk who wasnt able to see the pearl in you.

    peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    Yeah I realized B is a jerk. I found out later that I was just a rebound... ouch!

    I'd rather be the third person than a rebound. kidding!

    He pretended to love me or at least like me. And I fell for it. Too bad I know..

    B, was too good to be true like a dream date... He has it all.. you know... what you are looking in a person. It just happened that he is a jerk.

    And it hurts that your dream guy was the one who broke your heart. Or perhaps, he was not the dream guy I'm wishing for, afterall.

    ReplyDelete