Monday, March 30, 2009

My own version of Cnnecting People

I'm supposed to go to Bohol for the weekend when my brother decided to cancel it. So I'm stuck here in the city without plans. Good thing I received an invitation from a new friend, R. He asked if up for 22nd street. He mentioned about a celebrity guest. I'm not really a fanatic or whatever. Also, I'm kinda nervous about comedy bars, you know how they crack jokes on the guests but what the heck.. its been a while since a was there, perhaps they have newer jokes so I agreed to meet him. Besides, I've been off lately in the dating section. and its about time. So, I'm kinda excited to meet him.


It was a good date except he was 10 minutes late. And its been a while since I have a big laugh. Until my ex, B showed up. Perfect I thought. Just so when your ready to make the first step to socializing again, the reason why I hibernate for a long time decided to show up. Isn't that great. Anyhow I just ignored him and keep my focus on R, who was so clueless about the guy who just appeared. Tell me again, yes Cebu City is small place to hide. Anyway B's case was so eons ago and it doesn't matter now. I just have to mention him because he plays a good role later...

So then R and I strolled mango ave for the next bar stop, when he met J, his ex... Don't you just love dating and at the same time meeting exes. Their case was still fresh. It was a long talk while I wait in the background. Great right... But naahh it doesn't really matter I mean we are still starting to know each other. it's not like its us already. So I just painted a smile and played this good guy...

Anyhow, J was with his friends X and Y. While my R and J were resolving their issues, I sort of busied myself talking with X and Y. and the verdict has made, they decided if we could hang out together instead.. the more the merrier I said.. So there we were me, R, J, X and Y. Party time...
Its time to go home... At last alone again with R. I must admit R is hot. at the back of my mind I was hoping that he'll invite me to his place for a coffee... or skip coffee...

Here's comes the spoiler. Remember B? B's ex, A, arrived drunk in the bar. A and I are not really good friends. I mean I thinks that I stole B from him and that's unforgivable. Okay B broke his heart and I didn't know about it.. compared to my heart which was shattered, remember I was the rebound. Rebound sucks!


To complete the circle, R knows A. and I noticed that my date R likes A, Isn't it amazing? So R decided to stay not even bothered to walk me to my car. So much for being hot. I deserve more than that. it was a good night after all because I ended up with X without them noticing... I was a happy camper after all..

2 comments:

  1. majah sluuuuuuut on the looooosssssseeeeeee!

    mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ eye_spy
    How can I link your own version of connecting people to this post?

    I got inspired by your post... that's why I came up with this

    ReplyDelete